September 10th, 2019
The 2019 Financial Services Bootcamp is a half day interactive and practical workshop for individuals working in financial services who need a fundamental understanding of the products offered in our market. This workshop will explore the basic building blocks of the key product offerings as well as the related legislative and regulatory environment as well as the latest trends in the financial services sector.Participants will be given the opportunity to relate this information back to their own workplace experience so they can understand their responsibilities and the risks faced within their role. The Bahamas is a sophisticated and well developed international financial centre. This program is designed for client facing, back office staff as well as internal and external auditors and directors.Upon completion of this Bootcamp, participants would have gained:
- A fundamental understanding of product offerings, their uses and the processes for establishing them.
- A clear understanding of one’s roles and responsibilities in relations to the provision of financial services.
- An understanding of the risks associated with each product or service.
|1:30PM||WELCOME & OPENING REMARKS||Antoinette Russell
|1:35-2:15PM||INTERNATIONAL INITIATIVES UPDATE||SPEAKER(S):
• EU/OECD Initiatives
|2:15-3:00PM||FAMILY OFFICES - A Look Behind the Curtain: Life In a Family Office||PANELIST(S):
• Why the Bahamas for Family offices?
|3:15-4:00PM||INNOVATION NATION ROUNDTABLE||PANELIST(S):
Executive Director, Securities Commission
• FINTECH Regulation
|4:00-4:45PM||NAVIGATING THE INTER-GENERATIONAL WORKPLACE||Facilitator:
Fidelity Bank (Bahamas) Limited
• Millennials and the workplace
o Silents (Born between 1925 and 1946)
• Effective Communication Strategies
|4:45-5:00PM||CLOSING REMARKS AND VOTE OF THANKS||Tanya McCartney
CEO & Executive Director, BFSB